Thursday, March 13, 2008

Made in U.S.A.

It is Both environmentally and economically wise to buy products manufactured in the U.S. (that is if you are living in the U.S.). Not only does it support keeping jobs in the country, but it reduces the distance that a product has to travel to reach the consumer.

Lately, I’ve been trying to determine where the products I consume come from. It is not an easy task because most products do not disclose where they were manufactured. I have noticed that the new grocery chain called Fresh and Easy clearly label their produce so that you can see what country they come from. I have been trying to pick any produce grown in California over say Mexico.

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of the Target generic brand products like face wash and shaving gel are made in the U.S. That is good news!

Other products made in the U.S.:

Tigi Bed Head hair products
Garnier hair styling products
Biolage shampoo

Not made in the U.S.:

Clearasil
Oil of Olay

And then there are tons of products that are unknown. I’ll be trying to e-mail various companies to see if I can find out where they come from. It should be interesting!

No comments: